Think mixing batters is a cakewalk? You will be amazed to know that there are many different ways you can mix up the batters, giving a brand new taste to your cupcakes every time. Let us look at the different categories these batters can be classified into.
- Pour In the Ingredients – Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. Just put all the ingredients together into one container and mix at once. Shortening is the major ingredient used which cannot be substituted with butter.
- Butter it Up – Who does not love the yummy taste of butter! And if you want to play with something different, then try margarine or shortening. The other basic ingredients are all the same like eggs, flour, milk and baking powder. Blend the sugar with the butter and beat in the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients one by one and you are done.
- Puff It Up With Eggs – Ever eaten a sponge cupcake? Well, they are mostly egg-leavened. There is another category too which uses absolutely no leavening agent like baking powder or shortening, egg yolks or butter. But it still manages to taste just plain delicious.
- “Egg + Butter” Killer Combo – If you love the butter and you want the eggs too then combine the above two ways methods to prepare the batters. You can either use the egg whites or the yolks, together with shortening and leavening.
- Readymade for You – You might hate the idea, but sometimes try out the cake mix available in the market. When you don’t have the time to do the needful, just open a pack of cake mix and then customize it with some dry fruits or chocolate chips. Voila! You have the batter ready.
Isn’t it incredible that you can actually make as many types of batters that you want! Just add a touch of creativity and the fun will never end no matter how many cupcakes you make.