With the arrival of new trends of technology, people are forgetting the art of cooking. Everything is readily available, ready-to-eat or just order and parcel method that hampers the more traditional form of cooking like baking a cake in a pressure cooker. Even if you won’t have an oven, don’t worry. You can bake a cake too. Try it in pressure cooker, its absolutely easy and awesome!
Using pressure cooker
Heat the cooker in a stove or cooking range. Do not pour water in it. Place the cooker dish with holes at the bottom of the cooker. When cooker is well heated, pour the cake batter in the dish and place inside the cooker. Close the cooker with lid. Do not put the weight. Simmer the flame after 2 or 3 minutes and switch off after half-an hour. Do not open the lid to test whether the cake is done. Put a skewer through the hole of the weight. If the skewer contains the cake mixture, it is not baked. The mixture will not stick on to it when the cake is done.
- Plain flour (Maida) – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1, Fresh cream tsp(optional)
- Refined oil or plain butter – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation
1. Beat the egg well until it becomes lighter and looks like double the original amount.
2. Mix the powdered and oil together .Mix well to blend all ingredients thoroughly.
3. Add the beaten egg to this mixture. Mix well to blend all ingredients systematically.
4. Prepare a mixture of plain flour and baking powder and continuously sieve it to avoid lumps.
5. Gradually, add Maida mixture to the batter prepared earlier by mixing sugar, oil and egg. Add some milk and stir well. Blend continuously to make it soft and smoother.
6. Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
7. Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling Maida over greased surface equally.
8. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin. Using aluminum pot is better.
9. Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
10. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter, inside on cooker dish. Do not put water inside the pressure cooker.
11. Close the cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Lower the flame from high to low after 2 minutes.
12. Let it cook for 45 minutes, and then switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately. Check it whether cake is perfectly done.
Latest posts by Dipan (see all)
- 4 Valentine Gifts You Can’t Miss - February 14, 2012
- 5 Incredibly Different Ways to Show Her Your Love this Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2012
- 5 Valentine’s Day Stats that Will Blow Your Mind - February 11, 2012